Sunday, April 14, 2013

Glorious Gardens

Japanese love picnics under the cherry blossoms
The Japanese have a very keen eye for beauty.  They love their gardens and use them well.  Gardens have a lovely combination of plants and structures.  No doubt the best time to visit the gardens is in spring for the cherry blossoms and in fall for the leaf color, but they generally have something blooming in all seasons.


Full Moon Bridge



Many of the old gardens were the residents of a famous shogun, priest or Emperor, or they were built to honor a shogun, priest of Emperor.  Other beautiful gardens are part of shrines or temples.


Gardens aren't complete
without water and koi

I wish I knew what this said!





My favorite part of the gardens are the beautiful structures, like pagodas, stone tablets and bridges.  I really enjoy the juxtaposition of the ancient gardens within the mega structures of Tokyo.
The contrast of the beautiful garden and huge buildings always amuses me



1 comment: