Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chile-Torres del Paine

Torres del Paine is possibly the most fantastic national park in the world.  We were blessed with amazing weather if you don't count the constant, driving wind.  We hiked 28 miles in 3 days with small day packs for our lunches and emergency gear.  The most popular trip is a multi-day hike called the "W" staying in hostels or camping along the way.  We stayed just outside of the park and did three partial segments of the "W".  It's pretty rustic and exhausting, but the rewards were unreal.  Here is a case where a picture is worth a million words so I won't write anymore!
The Torres (towers) are the most famous.
Los Cuernos (horns) were my favorite.
Lago Grey with its glacier in the background.
Sunrise on Los Cuernos from our hosteleria.
Native fushia


Swinging bridges were very popular and sometimes scary!

The trails were in great condition due to lots of use.

We never figured out what this beauty was.

2 comments:

  1. WoW, absolutely breath taking!

    I had to laugh to myself when I saw these photos, because there was a guy, Glenn and I worked with that would say; "Betty it worries me the places you follow Glenn to", as I showed him photos from out hikes to Broken Top. Meleah it must be something about those Ashford Men:).

    Glenn went winter camping last weekend, as for me I choose to wait until warmer weather but I am so ready to go. Want to try to get out this year? Miss you, Betty

    ReplyDelete